We are situated in a popular area of Worthing, and we are within walking distance of the sea front. At Lavender Lodge, we pride ourselves on the friendly, relaxed and caring atmosphere of the home.
The objective of Lavender Lodge is to provide care to all service users to a standard of excellence. This embraces the fundamental principles of good care practice. Our aim is to work to accounting and financial procedures, which safeguard residents’ interests. It is the objective of the home to ensure that all service users shall live in a clean and safe environment and that they shall be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. We are an enlightened active organisation that responds to the personal needs of individuals and their families to ensure a holistic care environment. We always strive to provide person-centred residential care in order to ensure all our residents have a safe, comfortable, friendly and caring environment.
Staff will provide the appropriate degree of care to assure the highest possible quality of life within the home. The home will encourage Service users to exercise choice and to maintain control over their lives. Our staff will at all times show warmth, patience, responsiveness, and respect for our residents.
The home is to be a happy place where the past can be remembered with affection and the future looked upon with optimism.
To meet the client’s needs, the care service within the home is designed to achieve the
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the service users overall quality of life.
- To ensure that the care service is delivered, flexibly, attentively, and in a non- discriminatory fashion, while respecting each service user’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and the rights to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that each service user’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and mental disabilities or impairments.
- To ensure that the care service in whole is delivered in accordance with agreed contracts of care.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal developments to enable a service user’s care needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make the best use of resources and to maximise value for money for the service user.
- To ensure all service users receive written information on the home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments, and guidance how to use it.
Our excellence of care may be witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality care in this home. We are committed to achieving our aims and objectives and we welcome the scrutiny and comments of our residents, families and others.